Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lesson Learned!

 I was looking through pictures today so that I can FINALLY update my blog and I found these pictures that were taken at the beginning of the year.

I LOVE these pictures...they make me smile and laugh every time I see them!  I remember the moment so well.  The giggling and laughing so hard that you can't breath, the squeals of my cute delighted children, the physical energy it takes to (try) and man-handle a twelve year old boy and the pure joy of just being silly with my kids!

It all started when we were in the kitchen and Matt said something that made me so full of motherly pride that I said, "Matt, you just made me so happy I want to kiss you!"  Being a twelve year old boy, he immediately objected which only made me want to kiss him more!  

As I leaned over to smooch him on the cheek he pushed me away and yelled for his siblings to come to his defense.  I chased after him, unwilling to be defeated, only to be met by "The Band of Taylor's".  I put up a great fight but, in the end, my lonesome self was not enough to overcome  the force of brothers and sisters working together to overtake their mom!  Secretly I think I was just laughing so hard I couldn't fight anymore!

Somewhere amidst all this, Mark found the camera and started snapping away.  We were all oblivious to the photo shoot, but grateful to have the memories!

The problem...I don't remember what Matt said that was so wonderful I just had to KISS him! 

 

One thing my kids need to learn:  In the end Mom ALWAYS wins!!! 

Later that night I had Mark hide the camera behind his back and call Matt into the room as if he needed to talk to him.  I pretended to be preoccupied, then turned around and STOLE MY KISS!

Anyway, my lesson learned...blog immediately...or you'll forget!!!


2 comments:

LeShel said...

great pics. Mom's definitely have a way of winning. I always tell my kids that they have to sleep sometime.

Lana said...

What a sweet moment to have captured!! That is awesome!
You have such a beautiful family. Thank you for remembering us this year at Christmas. We love hearing from you. Lets catch up soon!! Love, Lana