Monday, December 7, 2009

I Want a Hamburger...With Everything On It!!!


This afternoon Mark took Macie and I to Market Street Grill...one of my most favorite places! Mmm!!! The best ever clam chowder on such a cold, snowy day!

Macie wasn't too thrilled when we vetoed her idea to go to McDonald's so I did my best to get her excited about Market Street (poor girl, her life is so hard...having Mom all to herself every day, going to lunch...oh, the life of the youngest!) She and Maya are currently really into Fancy Nancy books so I told her we were very lucky because Market Street is a "Fancy Nancy" restaurant and we had to be extra "Fancy"...according to Fancy Nancy, "fancy" is a special word for nice. That seemed to satisfy her and off we went to our "fancy" lunch!

Lately every time we go out to eat Mae wants to go somewhere that has a "sandwich(hamburger) with everything on it...except ketchup!" (I don't know how she thought she was going to get that at MD's!) So, of course, she ordered a hamburger kid meal with fries and a diet coke with lemon.

I wish I would have had a video camera going when they brought her hamburger out...she was so excited! The hamburger was huge and juicy and "everything" was on the side so she could build her own hamburger...definitely "fancy"! She was very particular about how and where she placed "everything" and by the time she was ready to eat I wasn't sure she was going to be able to fit the hamburger in her mouth!

So excited!
The finished product!
The first savory bite!
Two happy, spoiled girls!
Priceless!!!

Thanks for a great afternoon and an awesome memory, honey!!!

2 comments:

Jules P Hansen said...

You would never think she is your daughter, a hamburger?!? So cute...

LeShel said...

I love the picture at the end!! Super cute.

Hooray for Fancy Nancy!