Thursday, December 18, 2008

In Loving Memory of Sean D. Taylor

On December 9, 2008, Mark's brother and best friend tragically passed away. There is no way to describe the heartache and devastation felt by this loss. Although we miss Sean dearly, we know that he is at peace and that brings us great comfort.

There are so many things that we are going to miss about Sean. His unconditional love, his friendship, his great sense of humor and his example. I think one of the things I will miss most is Mark and Sean's daily phone calls. Mark would always get this cute smile of complete happiness and excitement and greet Sean by saying, "Hey Paco!" I don't even know what "paco" means, knowing the two of them it could be some naughty word in Spanish! Regardless, that phrase will truly be missed in our household.

Sean has been a great influence in our life and in the lives of many others. While we were in El Paso we were able to meet many of his friends and employees who all had nothing but wonderful things to say about him. He was always willing to help any one of his friends in any way that he could whether it be giving advice, providing others with things they otherwise could not afford or just lending a listening ear. Sean always made it a point to end every conversation with, "Is there anything you need? Or is there anything I can do for you?" and was always sincere in his asking. He truly desired to do all he could for others. It is our desire take his example and carry on his legacy of being genuine and thoughtful of those around us and doing what we can for others.

We are so grateful for the many wonderful people Sean brought into our life. Leeza is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. She is strong, courageous, caring and full of unconditional love. I know that she is an angel, sent to be with Sean during his last days on this earth and I know that he loves her with all of his heart and is full of gratitude for the friend and companion she was to him. I also believe his son Christian, is an angel sent to Sean and Lisa. He may be a cute little baby, but his spirit is strong and comforting. I will always treasure the spirit that we felt just being with Leeza and Christian as we sat in Sean and Leeza's room talking about Sean and all of our great memories of him.

We are also happy to have all of Sean's friends surround us during this difficult time. He truly has amazing friends who are all just as caring and giving as he was. We cannot express the gratitude we feel towards those who came and supported us during those first difficult days and who continue to each day. We have made new friendships with so many people who we now consider our close friends, even though we have only known each other for a short time. We heard it said several times that Sean had many friends and they were all friends because of Sean. It's like he was the "hub" of all of the friendships and kept everyone connected together. In honor of Sean we would like to continue those friendships and are happy to be the "hub" that links everyone together!

We love you Sean and we miss you! You will always be in our hearts and in our thoughts! Thank you for being the wonderful person and friend we could always count on. During our hardest moments I like to think of the chorus to one of my favorite songs by Kenny Chesney. I hope that it can also bring comfort and peace to all those who are also mourning your loss - "...the only thing that gets me through is I know, I'll see you again someday."


Sean and Leeza

Mark and Christian


Bill, Sean and Mark - Austin, TX ~ Oct. 2008


Leeza, Sean, Jamie and Mark -Austin, TX ~ Oct. 2008


Mark and Sean - Lake Austin, Oct. 2008

11 comments:

Jules P Hansen said...

Even though I didn't know Sean personally I knew him through Mark and Jamie. He was a wonderful person and amazing friend. He will be truly missed and has touched so many lives. Our thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who has been affected by this tragedy and hope you can find peace. We love you!

The Curtis Family said...

He sounds like an amazing person. I am truly sorry for your loss. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

---Allison

Ashley Bennion said...

We are so sorry to hear of your loss of your brother - You are in our thoughts and prayers - Brant and Ashley

BrookeLynn said...

So sorry about your families lost.
I didn't know you had a blogspot. How exciting. I'll send you an invite to mine. BTW I love your christmas card, its so cute. What a beautiful family:) I love the photographer too. They did such a good job.

Heather said...

We think of your family every day and please know you are in our prayers! May God bless you with constant reminding of fond memories and with peace. We love you and are truly sorry for your loss. I enjoyed getting to know Sean more through your tribute. May God bless his beautiful baby & all his loved ones.

The Willeyes said...

Sean truly was one of the most gracious, generous, unselfish and unconditionally loving people ever. He was so sweet and kind. We will all miss him very much! Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Thanks for the beautiful Christmas card and the link to your blog. It will be so great to keep up with your cute family. Your picture is darling! We love you guys!
Melanie:)

Heather said...

Mark and Jamie, I'm so sorry for your loss, He sounds like an amazing person! Thank you so much for the Christmas card! You guys have a beautiful family!! Sorry I'm a loser this year and did not get one out. I'm glad to find know your blog now and stay in touch! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Im so sorry Jamie! I hope you and your family are doing well. I think this is the hardest lesson in life....Loss. I know how hard it can be...Let me know if you need anything! Loves!

Unknown said...

Jaime, what a wonderful tribute to Sean. You're the best! Love your blogspot (I almost picked the same background) :)
We are all so sad to have lost Sean. I know though we can keep him forever in our memories and traditions as we kindle our new friendships around his amazing circle of friends...lot's of love, Trinda!

LeShel said...

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like the world lost on this one. Sean sounds like a great person. May all those suffering or coping with this tragedy find comfort.

CherylDiedrich said...

I was completly blessed when Sean came into my life in 1994 while living in El Paso Texas. Over the years we became amazing friends, he was such a "giver" of his heart and soul, great listener and wonderful at giving advice. I moved to Florida in 1999 but still remained in close contact, never forgeting to call or email me. Always asking about my life and my son. Sean was/is a gift of God, I believe he was one of the Angles that walks amongst us. I know that when I talk out loud to Sean, he is still listening...

My Prayers are with Seans Family, and to Leeza and Christian, May God Bless and keep you both always..

Forever greatful for Sean D Taylor

My heart is heavy with pain, I miss you so my dear friend.

Cheryl A Diedrich
Melbourne Florida